Date: 23 March 2017
Electric Gates Consultation Paper
Dear residents of Enfield Island Village Phase 1,
As you might already know we are the largest Block Management Company at the village responsible for the largest car park and public areas.
As such we have to deal with antisocial behaviour, unauthorised parking, abandoned vehicles, illegal motor repairs and car sales businesses being operated from our car parks. We even had to deal with the use of the car park as storage vehicles salvage storage facility by one of the businesses tenanting premises at the centre of the village. Worse of all being the continuous fly tipping in our car parks (mainly at Soper Mews) by whom we believe to be outsiders dumping their rubbish in our car park and you, the owners have to pick up the clearance costs.
This document is written to you in the form of consultation paper which will be open up until 5pm 30/04/2017, explaining our plans and asking for your comments and suggestions with the aim to reduce and possibly stop these practices once and for all.
The intention is to gate our community by installing electric gates at the two entrances of Harston Drive, EN3. EIV Phase 1 would like to keep you informed of every stage of the progress.
This consultation period is to allow you to have your say. If you have any objections, opinions and/or questions you should forward these to us by email to [email protected]
• In regards to anti-social behaviour residents have observed males sitting in cars near the pond area in James Lee Square smoking drugs. If people are unable to drive into EIV Phase 1 they will not come here
• Your car insurance will most like be reduced - Essentially you will now be parking in a secure/gated car park. You will need to check with your insurance company but in a dummy quote by EIV this reduced the annual cost
• Increased property value – EIV Phase 1 have spoken to a local estate agent who is confident this will add value to your property. The reason for this is that EIV Phase 1 is simply making it a nicer and safer place to live in.
1. Remote key fob - The key fob will allow you to open the gates at the single push of a button. Once you drive into Harston Drive, EN3 the gates have sensors which will close automatically behind you.
2. Intercom System – There will be an intercom system at the way in (top red circle on the map). Users will simply scroll through the list and select the property they want to contact. Once the property is selected the user will press the ‘Call’ button. Once the call button is pressed this will lead to the intercom system dialling a sequence of pre-programmed UK landline or mobile numbers of your choice. You will get a phone call on your home phone or mobile. To open the gates you press #1 on your chosen phone. The vehicle enters and the gates close behind the vehicle. You can program more than one number into the intercom so don’t worry if you miss the call.
In order to get the most competitive quotes a brief was put together and sent off to a number of companies. We estimate the gates will cost approximately £17,000 + VAT including installation. However, we are continuously working with these companies in order to provide a cost effective solutions without cutting corners. We have reduced the quote by approximately £3,500 + VAT by just adopting a one way in, one way out system!
There are 153 properties in EIV phase 1 so it will cost approximately £130.00 per property. Having said that we estimate that your property value will increase by £10,000 to £20,000 almost immediately as a result of this project.
In regards to maintenance this will only be done when needed. The gates will be made of metal. When the major works are done every three years the gates will be painted at the same time as the communal areas by the same contractors to save costs.
No. You will be given an emergency number to call and we will come and manually override the gates in order to keep them open until repaired. We will endeavour to get these fixed within the next working day.